Some may believe, the Trump Presidency, is, merely, a form of political circus, and, will go away, sooner, or later! Others find his combination of empty promises, rhetoric/ vitriol, making unsubstantiated claims which contradict scientists and experts, and other behaviors, and actions, to be, a clear and present danger, to the health, and well – being of our citizens, and to America’s standing, in the world! Few recall, any previous time, in recent memory, when there was so much polarization, and the degree of partisan differences, in terms of nearly, every significant aspect, of our lives! The combination, of, pitting, citizen – against – citizen, appealing to anger, and fears, and constant lying, etc, are unlike the mere – political, bickering, we are accustomed – to! If this toxic atmosphere, and thinking, are not replaced, sooner, rather than later, we may soon, witness, the 21st Century, equivalent, of a CIVIL War! Does this President seek this, or, simply, not care, as long as it, achieves his personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, and what this may mean, and represent.
1. Controversy/ controversial; cooperate; clear; competition; credibility: The recent Presidential Debate, should have concerned us, because, instead of articulating ideas, positions, and why, voters should prefer him, he seemed to seek controversial statements, refusing to consider cooperating, and avoiding, any attempt, at a clear strategy, etc! Debates are supposed to be a competition, but, this one, lacked credibility, or, any attempt, at comforting the public, etc. It seemed, all, Trump, sought to achieve, was to disrupt Biden, look powerful, and appeal, to his core supporters, only!
2. Integrity; ideas: Citizens, and, our nation benefits, when well – considered, ideas, emphasizing the greater good, and seeking, a meeting – of – the – minds, is the emphasis! Rather, President Trump, seems to seek, merely, to divide, and hopes, by doing so, he can be reelected!
3. Vision; view; views; versions; vital; viable: This President’s slogan, Make America Great Again, seems to prefer, moving back, rather than articulating a vital, vibrant vision, into the future! It is usual, for people, with different political perspectives, etc, to have different views, but, when the appeal, seems to be emphasizing a view, which lacks any viable solution, but, merely, blames and complains, no one benefits!
4. Ideals; ideology; images: What does America, stand – for, and represent, with emphasizing the core ideology, based on all our Constitutional guarantees, etc? When our ideals, are replaced by, images, of disharmony, we have lost our way!
5. Losers/ losing; listening; leading: For a man, who campaigned, saying, he would do so much, we would feel, there is so much winning, many of us, feel like losers, and the concepts of freedom, liberty, and justice, for – all, are losing! You are not alone, if you feel, this government isn’t listening to you, and your needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, and isn’t leading us, forward, in an evolving, meaningful, relevant, and sustainable way!
When Americans are divided, so dramatically, as we are currently, witnessing, we face the possibility of a new, horrific, divisive, CIVIL War! Wake up, America, before it’s too late!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10361368