HOME MADE CALZONE PIZZA RECIPE
Calzone Pizza Recipe
Calzone is a folded Italian pizza.
500g clean and torn mixed mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves collected
50 g of butter
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 ml faster tomato sauce
300 g spinach leaves, washed and dried
2 balls of 125 g of good quality mozzarella, cut into pieces
Pizza dough recipe for your base
1. Make your pizza dough
2. Roll your dough into 4 round pizza shapes
3. Turn your oven on to 425 F (220 C) or the hottest setting.
4. Pour a large amount of olive oil into a hot skillet. Add the mushrooms and mix briefly in the hot oil before adding the sliced garlic and thyme. Fry until mushrooms are cooked and smells great. Put the butter and mix the mushrooms to make them tasty and shiny. Season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Add tomato sauce to skillet and stir. Cook for a few minutes, then add the spinach (in batches if necessary) and stir again. Simmer until a thick, flavorful mixture is left that is not too wet (otherwise it will burst into the dough when you are cooking the calzone).
6. Divide the mushroom and spinach mixture evenly among the four pizza bases and spread it very well. Top with pieces of mozzarella and season with salt and pepper. To make your calzone, carefully lift up the far edge of the pizza dough and pull it up, basically you need to fold it in half. Crimp the edges so that nothing is spilled from the filling. Place the calzone side by side on a floured baking sheet, pizza stone, or granite slab.
7. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes in the bottom of the preheated oven until the dough is puffed and golden on top and the filling is hot.